As a wrap up for out month-long one year anniversary celebration, we thought we would list our personal writing goals for the upcoming year. Then we can check in next year and see how we did!
Q: What are your writing goals for the coming year?
1) Finish the manuscript I’m revising now in time to query by October 2012.
2) Work on some short stories to learn the craft of them.
3) Continue to blog regularly, both personally and here on the Author Chronicles.
J. Thomas Ross
1) Finish tweaking and query my YA novel and start the sequel.
2) Expand my adult sci-fi novella into a novel.
3) Blog more regularly.
4) Manage my time better!
1) Improve upon my writing rhythm
2) Finish revising and submit a short story
3) Write a new short story
4) Finish revising my work in progress
Nancy Keim Comley
As always, I want to improve as a writer.
Specific goals include:
1) polishing my current Middle Grade WIP so I can query and
2) starting the next!
Matt Q. McGovern
1) I’d like closure over another draft of my YA novel; each draft brings another identity to the novel and another phase of understanding for me.
2) I’d like to continue writing 2 other sets of scenes that I’ve been working on, with the purpose that an identity to the greater story will unfold. I’ve given this more priority in the past, but now my YA is at the forefront of my mind, writing-wise.
3) Last one. I need to blog myself and my characters with much more discipline than I’ve done. There’s too much of the underground hermit in this writer.
Those are our goals for the coming year. We’d love to hear what goals you’ve set for yourself!