The 12 Links of Christmas
We decided that for this week’s Top Picks Thursday post we would run down the top 12 links from this year. Since we had ties for the final three spots, there are 15 links—BONUS!
12. Darcy Pattison explains why editors focus on page one, and what you can do to strengthen your first page.
Brian Klems shares a method to develop any idea into a great story.
11. K.M. Weiland lists 5 ways to write killer plot twists.
Jami Gold gives us a pantser’s guide to beat sheets.
10. Roz Morris shares how to write down a story idea so you can remember why they were brilliant.
Dana Marton lists us 7 tips to improve your novel’s pacing.
9. Gail Gaymer Martin tells us how to avoid over-editing our work.
8. Anne Chaconas has 10 tips for getting the most out of Facebook in the least amount of time.
7. Carla King answers the self-publishing question: Where’s the money?
6. Jon Morrow shows us how to boost blog traffic and become a better writer by using these 317 power words.
5. Ashley Clark tells us how to find the secret in your story that will serve as your hook.
4. Tamiko Nimura explores the myriad answers to the ubiquitous, “How’s the writing going?”
3. Susan K. Perry shows us 10 types of rotten writing advice we should avoid.
2. Chuck Sambuchino collects advice from literary agents on how NOT to begin your novel.
And our number one Top Picks Thursday link was a surprise—but a lot of fun!
1. Happy Place brings us the most blatant grammar and spelling mistakes ever seen in tattoos.
We hope you had a Merry Christmas, and are enjoying a safe and fun holiday vacation!